Cherry-Cola Boiled Ham
from Shelley Cooper
* Ham, bone-in. Not the shoulder, too fatty.
* Two to three liters of cola, enough to cover ham (I’ve used cherry cola, black-cherry cola, regular cola; diet works just fine.)
1) Soak ham overnight in water.
2) Place ham in large pot, fully submerge in cola.
3) Bring pot to boil, reduce to simmer.
Simmer for about 15 minutes per pound.
When ham reaches 140 degrees (inside temp), remove from pot and let cool.
Temperatures above 140 degrees will make ham dry. Throw out leftover cola.